Thursday, November 13, 2014

More Tips and Tricks When Blogging for Business, AKA Organic MarketingPart II

Blogging for business doesn't have to be difficult. Organic marketing infers that it's a natural process. I don't think I have said this enough, if your not comfortable blogging that's okay, you can pursue other routes to market your business. You can also hire a consultant, say ME, to blog for your business. Yes that's a niche service I can provide. But if you like blogging, once a week or few times a month, it can only aid in your business.



Why Blog?

As I shared in my first blog post, click here, clients and vendors like to understand more about your business. You will nurture your business by blogging. It is a reflection tool for you, on your industry, your insights, and providing a resource for clients.

Welcome to Organic Marketing in Action, Also Known as Blogging about YOUR Business


The blog gives you an opportunity to share Who you are and the services you provide.  They also like to see a legitimate footprint, for consultants this is priceless. Especially if you are active on twitter, gaining credibility couldn't be easier. A social network helps create that footprint, and a blog adds insight to your business services, products, your business style and You!


Like these posts? SEE MORE at our New Blog Home JoanneKleeMarketing/Insights



Create Links

Did you see what I did there? Just above, "click here." I linked to my own article. Another easy SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tip is to have a link within your post. For example in all my articles I make mention of my document sales at the scribd store, and link to the store site. More coding and sharing within the Internet web adds to a better chance of being a top result in a search engine results list. I prefer to link to my own articles and credible sources. Even a book on amazon on occasion. My rule: to always remain professional, guides this principal.

JK Marketing and Eventd
Nurture your business. Reflect on industry. Blog About it.
Content Marketing is for your too.

Highlight your Articles

Did you also see my first post in Really Big Letters up there.... That's a nice way to call out other posts you've written - and don't forget to LINK the words to the web page (like I did initially).


Get the App

I love the blogger FREE app. When I have ideas on the go, even overseas, I can post my thoughts and save the post as a draft, or publish the post. The app is simple to use and helps with grammar as it features spell check red underscores, just like the web based blog page. Sometimes editing is a little easier for me on the go - between meetings or school pick up. It just makes it easy to draft a post, versus "writing in an iPhone note" and copying or emailing it to myself (so old school).

Unfortunately the nature of consulting is that your business is "on the brain" often! I may look like I'm sleeping, but I'm really reflecting on the event plan and scraping that budget to get more bang for the buck!


Schedule a Post

So I like to bulk post. I manage my business, sell documents online, hold client meetings and just like any business owner I am busy! But efficient. Use tools that your blog provides. I use bloggers Schedule feature. I write or update a post, in the blog app as a draft. Then when I have some scheduled PC time, I edit the post and just under the spot where I add my labels is the "Schedule" link with a clock icon next to it. Go ahead click thru and schedule your post to "go live" as a certain date an time. Most social network services will tell you that users post a lot on Fridays and Saturdays. Content then appears fresh in newsfeed on Twitter and Facebook at the top of the audience feeds.



Update Older Posts

Search Engines really like fresh content. SO if you have a post from 6 months ago or 4 years ago, click and edit your post. Add an update in the beginning of the post (maybe one or two sentences) or add a story with detail at the end of the post. This will "refresh" your article and add an updated DATE to increase SEO as well.


Add "other searched Labels" to Your Post.

Blogger lets you see the links that brought people to your blog. Scribd, my documents store, allows you to see the words people used to search for your documents. Add these search terms to your labels ... it will expand the audience in your SEO AND you are responding to the audience by staying "fresh" and using "updated" terms and trends.


Back up your Blog Posts

Things change. Free today, gone tomorrow. Or perhaps you grow and need a bigger bolder website. You want to keep your blog posts right? Then Back Them Up. Save a copy to your notes. Copy and paste the blog and email yourself. Save as a word file and keep them on your back up drive. Just do it. 

Things go wrong in electronica land, and that's frustrating, trust me I Know!


Get a Website to Host Your Pictures

I learned the hard way. On a recent trip to Japan, while traveling on the bullet train, I was wifi uploading pics to my blog... or so I thought. Blogger only hosts (or shows) 1GB of pictures. That's nothing! 20 posts in, I go to view the pictures and post and see these annoying little grey squares. Terrible! I researched the issue and found that you need a photo hosting platform where you can upload your photos, and then embed links into your blog. There's lots of tutorials out there and after making a selection the process is relatively easy. I recommend either google drive or Flickr. Free photo hosting, easy to embed links, and after some trial and error, and reading a good guide, you'll get there! Good Luck!!


Add a Tag line

I've blogged about my Educational and Cultural exchange trip to Japan (via my husbands grant for the trip through the JCCC) and I also maintain a personal blog for the past few years. Over time my tag lines to posts evolved. You don't have to have a tag line, but I think its a nice close to your blog thoughts. Some bloggers end with questions to their audience. But as a marketer I believe in branding. And one method is tag lines. Jingles too, but were not on a podcast, yet! It also indicates just that, a closing, that this post has ended.





Reach me on Twitter @JKleeMarketing 
or call directly 773.677.0783


          JK MARKETING AND EVENTS

From Everyday to the Extraordinary...



Posted by Joanne Klee,
Consultant Principal
JK Marketing and Events

No comments:

Post a Comment