Monday, March 21, 2016

What Does a Wedding Consultant Do? Event Planning Services you Didn't Realize

When you run an event management business, you can determine to a certain extent the types of services to provide. Some consultants live on simply managing the day of your event (a.k.a. day of coordination). And the reason we can survive on that task is because there is SOOOOOO much to do in one day. 

I applaud women who take the time to think thru their big day, and who want the ability to not have to talk to vendors and manage all the logistics. You want to be thinking about you and your partner, not if the music will start on time or if a late arrival needs assistance finding their seat.


Be sure to visit our NEW BLOG HOME at joannekleemarketing.com today.


But an event manager can do so much more than coordinate the big day. Some planners will do anything and everything you need, and they will return the value of their work 10 times over their price. And the peace of mind you get is simply priceless. Event planning is a finely-tailored collaboration of several people who are all coming together for your event. I manage the process and the details, and find the contacts you need to make the event a success.  

Some folks think they will assign duties to the bridesmaids or family and friends. When the big day came, my bridal party was, well, partying. Our champagne toast was late, the father daughter dance started late (because Dad was off somewhere) and even tho these tasks were assigned - to trusted friends - it just didn't happen. our friends and family are at your event to enjoy themselves, and work is the last thing they have in mind.



Event Managers and their many value added roles

"Event planning is a finely-tailored
collaboration of several people who
are all coming together for your event.
I manage the process and the details,
and find the contacts you need to
make the event a success."  


When someone tells you that you can manage you event alone, let's ask them a few questions...


  • Are you going to manage the job of sending out invitations and collecting RSVP's from 500 guests?
  • Are you going to stay with me while I interview all of my vendors?
  • Are you going to help me plan seating for my 500 guests?
  • Are you going to be with me when my bridesmaids have their fitting?
  • Are you going to be there for me when I feel overwhelmed (and believe me, all brides feel overwhelmed at one point or another).
  • Are you going to highlight ways where I can save money and still have my dream wedding?
  • Will you review my contracts and make sure everything I have been promised is included?
  • Will you review my DIY plan and build a time line for getting it all done?
  • Will you review my budget and see if there is any cost savings that we missed?
  • Will you manage the experts I have hired and handle last minute details?
  • Will you manage getting my shot list checked off with the photographer?
  • What do you mean the
  • Are you going to find that vendor with a snow machine so I can have pretty Chicago snowflakes in mid-June?


JK Marketing and Events

...well... you get the idea. Event planners do more then plan. When all is said and done they Produce and Manage the big day for you.


Think thru your day. Think thru what you want to manage. Then decide if you want to work that hard.

Thanks for reading! 


From the Everyday to the Extraordinary...

Joanne

Posted by Joanne KleĆ©, 
Owner | Consultant

Joanne Klee Marketing & Events
Service Excellence | Detailed | One Stop Solutions


Come meet me where you are:Twitter | Facebook 
WebSite | Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment