Thursday, March 26, 2015

Inspirations for Seussical Costumes: Part II

More fun ideas for simple creative costumes!! Yes, it takes 1-2 night of googling ideas to find the right combinations of colors and costumes. But worth the search!

Grinchs hair and costume inspiration was simple and effective, the Wickershams were played by girls, and I loved the boyish charm of these costumes!

Sour Kangaroos actor came to me and said "my character needs to be sassy, and fun, and purple, and totally own it!" She put me on a mission to please her vision!!

I love the elegance of this Sour Kangaroo, her pouch and interesting ears.

I loved the EARS on this purple piece:


The WIckershams, ours are played by girls. But the Ears on these backwards caps really inspire. As do the clothes colors.

More Inspirational Images for Seussical Costumes by APrincipalandWifeTravels
More Inspirational Images for Seussical Costumes, a photo by APrincipalandWifeTravels on Flickr.


Up close Wickersham Ears Alternative:

 Of course the Grinch. And while he is not the Star of the Seussical, every audience member will recognize this character. I loved this hair. And the T-Shirt inspired by the actual movie.


Final photo to come.... 


Like these posts? SEE MORE at our New Blog Home JoanneKleeMarketing/Insights


I couldn't have tackled this project without the help of some pretty amazing parents involved in the school and show. I created volunteer kits. YES these kits are time consuming to assemble. And you have this classic event planning moment: "I'll just do it myself." Of course you CAN do it... but SHOULD YOU do it all?

NO, don't do it all. You will be exhausted, and frustrated! Pinspiration is tremendous! But realize each project takes time, from minutes to hours. Include the shopping time, cutting, assembling, and all the steps inbetween. So NO - Dont do it all yourself. My costume kits took hours, but they also saved me DAYS! 

See more here on the final Costume Kits.

And here on the Final Costumes

~~~



From the Everyday to the Extraordinary...

Joanne

Posted by Joanne KleĆ©, 
Owner | Consultant

Joanne Klee Marketing & Events
Service Excellence | Detailed | One Stop Solutions


Come meet me where you are:Twitter | Facebook 
WebSite | Blog



Content Copyright protected. Include a link to this post when Sharing or Quoting any aspect of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment